OppiaMobile Android App¶
This section describes some of the basic customisations you may want to make when implementing your own version of the OppiaMobile learning platform. Here we describe some of the more common requests for basic customisations, however since the code is open source, you are, of course, free to make any customisations you like.
Before being able to create your own version of the OppiaMobile app, you should have an understanding of:
- Using Android Studio for development
- Basic understanding of the Android Java framework
- How to use GitHub for source code management
If you are completely new to any of the above, here are a few links to help get you started:
- Set up your development environment
- Create a fork of the oppia-mobile-android repository in GitHub
- Clone your new GitHub repository to your machine
- Create a project in Android Studio connected to this repository
- Ensure that you are able to compile and run (either on your physical Android phone or on an Android Virtual Device)
Please ensure that you are able to compile and run the core version of the app before you start to make any changes to the code.